Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring – (AWHONN) – October 28 & 29, 2019
October 28 @ 8:00 AM - 4:00 PMFree – $275.00
This comprehensive 2-day instructor-led course, revised in 2017, is critical for enhancing and validating nurses and physicians’ ability to interpret and respond to fetal heart monitoring tracings. May be used to support preparation for certification examinations.
Skills taught and knowledge assessed include:
· Maternal and fetal physiology
· Interpretation of fetal and uterine monitor tracings
· Evaluation of auscultated fetal heart sounds
· Leopold’s Maneuvers
· Placement of fetal spiral electrodes and intrauterine pressure catheters
· Evaluation of and strategies for enhancing communication
The course is presented to approximately 15,000 clinicians annually and may be used to validate knowledge and skills of perinatal clinicians who utilize fetal monitoring in the intrapartum setting.
Diane Nau ( Diane.firstname.lastname@example.org) / Aileen Bowers ( Aileen.Bowers@rochesterregional.org)